fredag 3 juni 2011

To my english friends

I dont know if some of my english friends reads this, but incase they do, I thought I should write a bit that they might understand. :)

So, as you might know, I have Aspergers syndrome. Its not a disease, not contagious, it does not make me less smart since its not a disability in that sense.
What is, is that I sometimes can misunderstand simple things, instructions etc. I can sometimes take things literally. Jokes can sometimes be misunderstood if they are ironic or sarcastic and I dont get the hint that they are. Does not mean that I never undestand jokes, irony etc. I do, and I use it myself sometimes. But for example in text its easier to misunderstand what is actually being said. OR if you're a very good actor/actress, and sound like you really mean it.
So be prepared that I might ask if you were joking or not. I dont mean anything by it. I simply just didnt understand.
I usally dont meet my english friends, but if it does happen, wich I hope someday. You might notice that I have a problem looking at you. Its not that you're somehow scary or so. Its just that I have problems looking at people, especially in the eyes. It drags alot of energy out of me, so if I want to really listen to someone I rather look somewhere else.
So Im not uninterested of what you're saying, bored or unpolite. Im just trying to really focus on your voice.

I think thats the main things that you, as a friend, might notice most in me. But never hesitate to ask! I have no problems talking about my problems, or explaining the difficulties that I have. :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar